Posted on: September 22, 2022
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more
fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing
technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading
businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices,
nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues
serve people in more than 160 countries.Abbott Vascular provides
innovative, minimally invasive and cost-effective products for
treatment of vascular disease. Our extensive portfolio includes
drug-eluting stents, bare metal stents, guide wires, balloon
dilatation catheters, imaging catheters and software, vessel
closure devices and peripheral stents.Our location in Temecula, CA
currently has an opportunity for an Engineering Supervisor.WHAT
- Manage manufacturing activities in an FDA regulated environment
in order to meetproduction schedules, quality standards and cost
- Execute manufacturingschedules according to needs determined by
the Planning department.
- Provide input to budgets.
- Participate in selection of personnel, conducts performance
reviews andwrites development plans for non-exempt
staff.Responsible for implementing and maintaining the
effectiveness of the quality system.
- Responsible for directing the people conducting manufacturing
operations which result inthe production of high quality
- Works to ensure that customer expectations forproduct
availability are achieved.
- Develop annual resource requirements includingfinancial,
personnel and capital requirements.
- Responsible to recruit, train and developthe personnel.
- Guide the staff in the annual performance assessment process,
whichincludes conducting feedback sessions and establishing
- Provide the operationalguidance necessary to promote excellence
in the areas of manufacturing and processdevelopment.
- Provide technical expertise to the manufacturing group when
- Serve on one or more multi-disciplinary (R&D, QA, Clinical
and Commercial) projectteams in support of new product development
efforts to ensure activities are transferredto operations smoothly
and in a manner that assures a timely market introduction.
- Participate in various product and process improvement
activities to ensure productsmeet customer expectations.
- Participate in product, process and complaint
relatedinvestigations to identify root causes of problems and then
- Ensure all such activities comply with CAPA system
- Have a prior record of achievement inareas relating to product
availability, process improvement, or product quality.EDUCATION AND
EXPERIENCE YOULL BRINGRequired
- Bachelors Degree in the life or physical sciences, Engineering
or Business. Typically 5 - 7 plus years experience in manufacturing
related disciplines with companiesengaged in the manufacture of FDA
regulated products, including 2 years experiencedemonstrating
leadership skills required to supervise processes and
- Advanced degree and experience with molecular biology
- Some previous exposure to resource planning, budgeting,
employee development, materials management and inventory
control.WHAT WE OFFERAt Abbott, you can have a good job that can
grow into a great career. We offer:
- A fast-paced work environment where your safety is our priority
(Include for Manufacturing roles only)
- Production areas that are clean, well-lit and
temperature-controlled (Include for Manufacturing roles only)
- Training and career development , with onboarding programs for
new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives
and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental,
vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial
performance and history of being actively involved in local
communitiesLearn more about our benefits that add real value to
your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a
company that provides the growth and strength to build your future.
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee
diversity.Connect with us at www.abbott.com , on Facebook at
www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and
@AbbottGlobal.An Equal Opportunity EmployerAbbot welcomes and
encourages diversity in our workforce.We provide reasonable
accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.To request
accommodation, please call 224-667-4913 or email
Keywords: Abbott, Corona , Engineering Supervisor, Engineering , Temecula, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!