Automation Engineering Technician
Company: The Scotts Company LLC
Posted on: January 16, 2023
Here at Scotts Miracle-Gro there is no such thing as a typical
day. Our culture is constantly energized by new and exciting growth
opportunities and at a rapid pace. Every Associate plays an
important role in providing innovative solutions for today's
gardeners and growers and contributing new ideas to improve
operations. In our company you need grit, it is what we were
founded on over 150 years ago and is what keeps us growing.
Regardless of your level in the organization there is a platform
for your voice to be heard and the ability to influence change.
Family, community and hard working values are weaved into all that
we do. Come grow with us, where we develop and nurture the next
generation of leaders.
The hourly rate for this position at Scotts/Hawthorne will
generally fall between $30.55-45.80. Scotts/Hawthorne will consider
various factors in determining the actual pay including your
skills, qualifications, and experience.
We are looking for an Automation Engineering Technician who will
join our Scotts Miracle-Gro team in Temecula, CA.
The Automation Engineering Technician will perform a variety of
automation engineering work in planning, designing, and modifying
fixtures, tools, automated work-cells and manufacturing processes
to support the department standards. This individual will resolve
engineering problems involved in the manufacturing of parts or
products, as well as program and support robots and PLC
What you'll do in this role:
- Determine and troubleshoot manufacturing processes and
equipment at all levels of complexity. Identify, lead, and
implement process and equipment improvements. Addresses and
documents cause and corrective action issues to prevent future
- Design and implement quality improvement systems and
error-proofing. Maintains and updates tooling drawings.
- Program and support all types of robots including: 6 axis,
Cartesian, spider robots etc. Required Fanuc Robot program and
- Commission and make program changes to PLCs, drives, and vision
- Train and support maintenance/other engineering techs, set-up
techs and operators on new equipment and supports technical staff
in complex troubleshooting.
- Develop, design, and specify process equipment.
- Coordinate day to day issues and project work such as equipment
receipt and installation alongside the maintenance staff.
- Provide management with engineering drawings of new and
proposed projects, plant layouts, and equipment
- Conduct time studies to continually expand and improve product
cost standards. Calculates cost savings and makes recommendations
based on analysis.
- Use 3D SolidWorks and generate drawings for machining
- Use required PPE and follow safe work and housekeeping
- Verify conformance of machined and purchased components to
prints and specifications.
- Analyze assembly prints and specifications, and plan the
machine building process.
- Anticipate issues and communicate progress to other Team
Members: Machinists, Mechanics, Engineering Associates, Project
Managers, EHS&S Coordinators.
- Red-line problem prints and submit them for
- Participate in debugging, troubleshooting and repair of
What you'll need to be successful:
- Minimum 2-4 Years hands-on experience in Fanuc robots and
- Minimum 2-4 years experience working in machine building or
- Experience with machine construction and mechanisms.
- Ability to interpret 3D drawings, geometric dimensioning and
- Knowledge of AC and DC voltages and polarities, and use of
- Knowledge of electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems
(wiring and plumbing) preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of controls and PLC programming preferred.
- Experience with CNC and EDM preferred but not
- Must have a strong mechanical aptitude and excellent
- Ability to align and install gears, motors, slides and other
- Ability to assemble complex mechanical assemblies.
- Ability to machine simple components on mill and
- Welding skills preferred but not required.
- Strong communication skills
- Must have ability to lift 51 pounds, walk and stand for
- Must be willing to learn new machine mechanisms and
What we do for you (just to name a few cool ones):
- Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, holidays, vacation and
sick time benefits available within a month of your start
- Healthcare navigation, advocacy and support
- 401(k) company match up to 7.5% with immediate participation
- Ability to purchase company stock at a 15% discounted price
from market value
- $600 annual wellness reimbursement program
- Up to $30,000 to help cover the cost of fertility treatments,
adoption or surrogacy
- Up to 18 weeks of time away to support your growing
- To view all of our great benefits, click here!
* Eligibility for the above benefits may vary based on
full-time/part-time status or additional factors.
Not interested in this role? Stay up to date on future
opportunities by joining our ScottsMiracle-Gro and Hawthorne
Gardening talent communities.
Scotts is an EEO Employer, dedicated to a culturally diverse, drug
Notification to Agencies:
Please note that the Scotts Miracle-Gro company does not accept
unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the
absence of a signed Master Service Agreement, and specific approval
to submit resumes to an approved requisition, the Scotts
Miracle-Gro company will not consider or approve payment regarding
recruiter fees or referral compensations.
Keywords: The Scotts Company LLC, Corona , Automation Engineering Technician, Engineering , Temecula, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!