Vice President Operations- Aerospace
Company: II-VI Incorporated
Posted on: April 5, 2021
II-VI Aerospace & Defense ("A&D") designs, manufactures,
assembles and tests precision optical systems and components. Our
products have been deployed on military platforms such as
submarines, tanks, missiles, fighter jets, and UAV's. II-VI
Aerospace & Defense has grown over the years from a provider of
specialty optical materials to a full-service provider of optical
components and optical systems. Basic Function:The Vice President
of Operations is the key person responsible for ensuring that
products are produced efficiently with high quality and shipped
on-time. The key metrics associated with this position are Quality,
On-time Delivery, and Financial Performance. This includes Warranty
Returns, First Pass Yield, Department Scrap, Shop Order Variance,
Staff Turnover, Budget Variance, Equipment Uptime, and
Profitability. This role is broad and comprehensive as it directs
operations for the ISR, Missiles, Laser, and Space product lines of
business including Production Operations, Materials Management and
Production Control, Manufacturing Engineering, Maintenance,
Facilities, and Safety. Management responsibilities include
staffing, training, developing leads and supervisors, developing
effective work teams, organizing, budgeting, quoting, planning,
quality assurance, equipment maintenance, facilities maintenance,
and cost reduction activities. Education/Learning Experience
- Minimum BS degree in engineering or related discipline,
preferably in physics, optics, materials
- science, electrical or mechanical engineering.
- 15 years minimum experience in manufacturing operations
involving process development and fabrication of optical products
- 8 years minimum management experience.
- Experience with optical products for military / defense
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong knowledge/experience in optical fabrication
- Knowledge of IR materials and sapphire materials fabrication
and polishing processes
- Hands-on experience in optical metrology including strong
knowledge of interferometer
- technology and capabilities.
- Knowledge of CNC Manufacturing and CMM metrology
- Knowledge of Diamond Machining technology for optics
- Knowledge of optical assembly and alignment techniques
- Knowledge of laser sources and subassemblies
- Knowledge of gimbals
- Strong leadership skills in process development, production
operations, personnel development,
- and continuous improvement
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills required.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Knowledge of military standards for optics and manufacturing
quality standards including ISO9000 and AS9100.
- Due to ITAR compliance, this position requires candidates to be
a U.S. Citizen, Permanent Resident Alien, or Protected Individual
per 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)
- Ability to obtain a DOD Secret level clearance or higher. Due
to ITAR compliance, this position requires candidates to be a U.S.
Citizen, Permanent Resident Alien, or Protected Individual per 8
U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3) Candidates acknowledge II-VI A & D has a drug
and alcohol policy that provides for pre-employment drug testing as
a condition of employment.
"II-VI Aerospace and Defense is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity,
national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other
characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local
Keywords: II-VI Incorporated, Corona , Vice President Operations- Aerospace, Executive , Murrieta, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!