Regulatory Compliance Director
Company: Monster Beverage Corporation
Posted on: April 5, 2021
Responsible for monitoring and delivering compliance for all
global ingredient and beverage regulations - FDA/EFSA/JAS.
Responsible to collaborate with legal, quality assurance, and new
product development departments to adhere to global laws and
regulations of food and beverage safety. Provide ongoing education
to regulatory team in the area of developing global regulatory
rules / regulations and provide food and safety compliance
assurance interpretation. Raise any and all concerns immediately
that may affect the company globally in the area of regulatory
compliance to senior decision-makers at all times while reporting
directly to the chief scientific officer. Essential Job Functions:
- This position is responsible for compliance to product
regulatory demands and interpretations worldwide.
- This position will interface closely with Legal, Quality
Assurance, Flavor Partners, and New Product Development.
- Provide support as needed to supply functions within the
- Ensure risk management processes are followed for all
compliance activities to meet global regulatory compliance.
- Identify quality and regulatory challenges and changes on a
global basis, immediately , to ensure applicable
requirements/adjustments occur in all product developments
including products being sold world-wide.
- Ensure that global quality and regulatory compliance meets
company policy(ies) to avoid breaches, fines and regulatory
- Implement compliance monitoring , with Quality Assurance
Department , at all flavor partners and ingredient suppliers. and
oversee the management of regulatory compliance issues wit QA
- Reviews new and existing products to manage compliance with
global regulatory laws, regulations, and best practices.
- Responsible for conducting internal reviews, including factual
investigations, analysis and legal research, and identifying risks
to the company and potential remedial solutions and alternatives in
area of regulatory compliance.
- Provide day to day support to legal, flavor partners and
ingredient partners to address regulatory inquiries.
- Offer continued education to all staff and team members in the
area of regulatory compliance.
- Maintain relationships on policy with regulatory agencies,
government officials and other policy constituencies.
- Develop and execute a compliance strategy, which includes
policies and procedures to ensure compliance with all applicable
laws and regulations.
- Perform regulatory compliance audits to evaluate compliance
with applicable laws and regulations. Position Requirements:
- Masters degree or education in food science, life sciences,
chemistry, or food and safety engineering.
- 10+ years of domestic and international regulatory/compliance
experience in food science and/or dietary supplement and
- Legal experience highly desired.
- Industry background: dietary supplements, foods and beverage
FDA / EFSA / JAS regulations.
- Ability to provide both written and verbal communication to
global levels within the organization as well as business, flavor
and ingredient partners.
- Highly organized and able to lead a small team within a
- Result oriented, creative, and able to multitask.
- Able to see what is relevant, prioritize and ask the right
questions in the field of global regulatory compliance.
- Strong project management, critical thinking and analytical
skills Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals
with Disabilities The contractor will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to
furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: Monster Beverage Corporation, Corona , Regulatory Compliance Director, Executive , Corona, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!