Company: Professional Contractors Supplies, Inc
Location: San Diego
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Professional Contractor Supply (PCS) is seeking an Operations
Manager to manage all warehouse, delivery, and shipping operations
at PCS San Diego.
Our Operations Manager has a few key responsibilities:
- Manage all warehouse, delivery, and shipping
- Participate in management of sales and inventory-related
operations at the guidance of the VP of Operations.
- Manage activities of all direct reports, including staff
hiring, training, performance management, and corrective
- Responsible for the facility's overall safety and appearance,
assuring the place of business is attractive and provides a safe
- Establish procedures for custody and security of assets,
including physical property, inventory, and employees.
- Under the guidance of the VP of Operations, oversee profit
performance of the facility, including analysis, development, and
implementation of adequate plans for the control of planned
outputs, budget spending, labor efficiency, inventory efficiency,
customer service, order entry efficiency, and human capital
- Under the guidance of the VP of Operations, define and
recommend objectives in each area of Operations.
- Under the guidance of the VP of Operations, recommend, develop
and enforce key policies and procedures including, without
limitation, making recommendations for improving effectiveness of
policies and procedures. Consult with all segments of management
responsible for policy or action. Ensure compliance within the area
- Responsible for all aspects of safety, including safety
meetings, policy enforcement, and employee training.
- Comply with laws and regulations applicable to the company's
- Responsible for facility maintenance, both scheduled and
- Present monthly reports on facility performance as requested by
the VP of Operations.
- Present major operational matters requiring a decision to the
VP of Operations.
- Assure inventory levels are always in balance. Maintain
inventory turn ratio set by executive management. Identify and
bring to executive management's attention any obsolete,
discontinued, or slow moving inventory. Make vendor returns where
- Move and price excess and obsolete inventory for maximum
- Resolve customer complaints regarding sales and service. Assure
excellent levels of customer service in the facility.
- Confer with potential customers regarding equipment needs and
advise them on types of equipment to purchase.
- Attend industry meetings and participate in trade
- Assure customer problem solving is always done in a
professional and effective manner.
- Establish and maintain relationships with individual and
business customers; provide assistance with problems they may
- Examine, evaluate, and process orders for key/high-profile
- Network within communities to find and attract new
- Assist with vendor relations and negotiations.
- Maintain familiarity with all aspects of the company
- Coordinate and collaborate with other company departments in
establishing and carrying out responsibilities.
- Make deliveries using a company truck if required.
- Lead by example. Collaborate and communicate effectively with
company management and employees to maintain a positive and
productive work environment.
- Respect confidentiality in discussing internal business matters
including, without limitation, employee performance and
- Participate in job-related training and continuing
- Participate in fostering an organizational culture that values
innovation, promotes inclusion, and inspires excellence in the work
- Maintain punctuality and regular and reliable
- Protect and maintain confidentiality of company trade secrets
and other confidential and proprietary information including,
without limitation, operations methods, customer information and
- Complete projects and assignments on time.
- Other duties as assigned, including assistance with daily
warehouse, sales, receiving and shipping operations as needed.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- 5+ years of demonstrated leadership experience in operations,
or a related field.
- Proven ability to recruit, train, and motivate personnel in
order to balance staffing strength with profitability and
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Well-developed management skills, in regard to both principles
- Professionalism with respect to time management and meeting
- Able to manage multiple, complex, on-going tasks and
- Demonstrable critical thinking and problem-solving
- Able to effectively gather and analyze facts, draw conclusions,
define problems, and suggest solutions.
- Willing and committed to accepting responsibility for matters
within employee's job duties and functions.
- Strong administrative skills. Proficient in Microsoft Office
suite, including Microsoft Excel.
- Prior experience using NetSuite preferred.
- Must have a valid drivers' license in state of
- Able to operate warehouse equipment including but not limited
to ladders and material handling equipment.
- Able to travel with 24-hours' notice.
- Able to work before and after regular business hours and
weekends, as needed.
- Bachelor's degree required. Focus in business, engineering, or
a related field preferred.
Competitive compensation commensurate with experience and full
benefits package including health, dental, vision, vacation, life
insurance, short term disability, long term disability and
Professional Contractors Supply is an Equal Opportunity Employer
and drug-free workplace.
Keywords: Professional Contractors Supplies, Inc, Corona , Operations Manager, Executive , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!