Company: Brookdale Corona
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Overview:Our Health & Wellness Director position (LVN) is
similar to an ADON/DON Position but over Assisted Living level of
care, very low acuity. Enjoy the long term relationships this
brings with our residents and their famiies.
- We will teach you Assisted Living
- Enjoy 3+ weeks of onboarding/training PRIOR to starting your
role with us-Annual Performance Bonus - 15%
- Grow your career with Brookdale, we're the largest Senior
Living Company and we love to promote from within.
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.If you want to work in an
environment where you can become your best possible self, join us!
You'll earn more than a paycheck; you can find opportunities to
grow your career through professional development, as well as
ongoing programs catered to your overall health and wellness.Full
suite of health insurance, life insurance and retirement plans are
available and vary by employment status. Additional benefits
offered include, but are not limited to:
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Pet Insurance
- Adoption Reimbursement Benefits
- Variety of Associate DiscountsThis is an incentive based
position, which may include bonuses, incentive or commission
plans.Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and
military spouses are encouraged to apply.Please note, Brookdale is
committed to complying with all applicable laws and regulations
regarding mandatory COVID-19 vaccination.Responsibilities:Manages
the day-to-day clinical services of a more complex community to
ensure residents' healthcare needs are met. Ensures residents are
treated with respect and dignity and ensures quality care as
residents' healthcare needs change. Supervises and provides
leadership, as well as coaching, to licensed nurses and other
direct care staff within the community. May be responsible for
leading additional clinical leadership team up to five members. The
HWD level for each community is determined based on the total
complexity of the role. Complexity criteria include, but are not
limited to, factors such as size, type of product lines, medication
management regulations, 90-day assessment requirements, multiple
licensure requirements, state regulatory complexity, and skilled
services requiring an RN.
Responsible for the direct supervision of community-based licensed,
certified, and non-certified clinical associates.
- Empowers clinical leaders to supervise, direct, and motivate
staff within their oversight.
- Assigns and directs work of clinical leaders and subordinates;
appraises performance; rewards and disciplines associates;
addresses complaints and resolves problems.
- Provides training and education to caregivers on an ongoing
basis with classroom in-services and situation-specific
- Supervises the maintenance of resident charts and reviews
documentation performed by caregiving staff.
- As described and allowed in the Nurse Practice Act, assesses
health, oversees medication administration, oversees functional and
psycho-social status of residents, initiates individualized service
plans, proactively manages care and services for each resident,
evaluates effectiveness, and maximizes the resident's opportunity
to remain in their environment.
- Manages the health care of residents, including the
dissemination of information to families and associates. Ensures
that family members are aware of the resident's need for scheduled
- Participates in pre-admission screening of prospective new
residents. Assures that required documentation is completed prior
to or upon resident admission, including nursing assessments,
service plans, and other assigned forms. Updates assessments as
required by policy and as described or allowed in Nurse Practice
Act or other state regulation.
- Performs on-site evaluations of residents admitted to alternate
care environments for treatment, and maintains contact with
resident families with the intent of returning resident to
- Evaluates residents, documents changes in condition, and
notifies Executive Director, resident's physician, and resident's
legally responsible party/family of resident's condition and
- Communicates with physicians regarding residents' status and
condition changes. Ensures residents are prepared for physician
appointments and visits.
- Facilitates continuity of care for those residents receiving
home health care, hospice services, and other third party
- Participates in or leads meetings relevant to resident care
issues, such as Service Plan meetings, involving appropriate
parties as needed.
- Ensures in-house ancillary medical services such as podiatrist,
doctor visits, dental visits, psych visits, lab, X-ray, ambulance,
etc. are scheduled and followed through.
- Participates in department quality improvement activities.
- Assists in keeping the environment safe for associates to
reduce the occurrence of Workers' Compensation claims by
appropriately evaluating resident transfer and mobility needs and
involving therapy services as indicated.
- Shares on-call and manager on duty responsibilities/shifts as
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities
for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent
a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should
perform all duties as assigned by their
supervisor.Qualifications:Education and Experience
- Education as required to obtain state nursing license (LPN/LVN
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience. Clinical leadership
- Working knowledge of basic technology and electronic
- Skilled nursing experience may be required.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
State nursing license (LPN/LVN or RN). Must have valid driver's
Applies existing guidelines and procedures to make varied decisions
within a department. Uses sound judgment and experience to solve
complex problems based on precedent, example, reasonableness, or a
combination of these.
Knowledge and Skills
Possesses extensive knowledge of a distinct skill or function and
desire to understand the culture and work environment.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Climb or balance
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Talk or hear
- Taste or smell
- Ability to lift: up to 50 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Potential injury from transferring, repositioning, or lifting
- Exposure to latex
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or
- Subject to injury from falls, burns, odors, or cuts from
- Requires Travel: Occasionally
- Requires Driving: Drives Self (Tier 2)
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free
Keywords: Brookdale Corona, Corona , Wellness Director, Executive , Corona, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!