Director, Business Development
Company: Daikin Industries, Ltd.
Posted on: November 18, 2022
Director, Business Development
Daikin Comfort Technologies Distribution, Inc., is seeking a
professional, skilled individual for our Director, Business
Development position for our Sales Operations group located at our
- Corona CA branch. - Provide direct support to Division President
growing share position of all brands. Oversees execution to convert
Private Equity (PE), PLP, & Large Regional Dealer opportunities.
Works closely and aligns with National Accts Director (PE Channel).
Manages team of direct reporting Sales Product Specialists
(ePremium, VRV, RAQA, LC) and Owns the division sales & business
development training program. This leader will work closely with
COD & IND DVPs, finance, and COD and Independent Distributors to
successfully win and support PE and Large Regional Dealer
opportunities. - If you meet the qualifications listed below, then
we invite you to apply for our open position by visiting our
website http://careers.daikincomfort.com/ and submitting your
Why work with us?
> Benefits are effective on day one for all full-time direct
> Training programs are available to help guide team members and
develop new skills
> Growth Opportunities - - there is immense opportunities to
grow your career
> You will be part of a Global Company - our family brands are
backed by Daikin Industries, Ltd. -
May include, in addition to;
- Work closely with National Accts Director (PE Channel) to
convert Private Equity channel contractors by working directly with
local PE leadership and with COD & IND distribution.
- Function as go-to to support for PE relationships within
- Develops deep customer relationships with Division PE
contractor contacts and Large Regional Contractors (PLP).
- -Grow & develop large PLP dealers and large regional
contractors by working with COD & IND distribution.
- Report sales activity in PLP channel to distribution, monitor
all PLP programs (Spiff, ESA reimbursement) and report to sales
- -Highly involved in developing sales strategies to convert
large dealer opportunities (PE, PLP, Regional).
- Provide direct leadership to Product Sales Specialists to
enable the successful sales processes and training for ePremium,
RAQA, VRV, & LC products across the division within COD, IND, &
- Knowledgeable on products and programs we make available to
- Highly involved in understanding and providing innovative
solutions to customers issues.
- Highly involved in identifying potential acquisitions, helping
determining synergies, strategies, and executing the
- Coordinate and schedule Dealer and Sales Team training through
all distribution channels in the division
- Must cultivate and choose talent to improve the organization's
- Can serve as an spokesperson for our organization.
- Perform additional projects/duties to support ongoing business
Nature & Scope:
- Develops and implements strategic plans and objectives for the
department/sub-function in an effective and innovative
- Understands the business and can put together comprehensive
- Works with other leaders to establish strategic plans and works
towards achieving them
- Provides leadership and direction to managers in their
- Sees to department staffing needs (e.g. interviewing, hiring,
new hire and ongoing training, annual evaluations, etc.)
- Participates in budget development and monitoring of
- -Level of signing authority established by company
Knowledge & Skills:
- Experience developing and managing transformation initiatives
at an enterprise or business unit level, from inception through
- Extensive experience managing large teams of people in a
complex multi-region branch environment.
- Strong change management skills
- Demonstrate effective closing skills and be able to teach and
mentor sales organization to improve same
- Excellent interpersonal skills, written and verbal
communication, mentor and team player
- Strong influencing skills at all organizational levels
- Collaborative and participative style
- Team-oriented, proactive change agent with a hands-on,
collaborative approach in developing, implementing and sustaining
- Experience interacting with senior leadership
- Demonstrated business and financial acumen coupled with proven
- Demonstrated ability to extract best path forward from a broad
set of information and alternatives
- Comfortable working in and through ambiguity, with ability to
- Strong organization skills and bias for action
- 10+ years progressive P&L experience in sales branch or
- 15+ years of demonstrated career progression
- Bachelor's Degree minimum, Masters in business or operations
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
- Must be able to perform essential responsibilities with or
without reasonable accommodations. Must be willing to travel.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in
the United States. Qualified applicants will not require employer
sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in
the United States.
The Company provides equal employment opportunity to all employees
and applicants regardless of a person's race, color, religion
(including religious dress or grooming practices), creed, national
origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, uniform
service member or veteran status, ancestry, disability, physical or
mental disability (including HIV/AIDS), medical condition
(including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic
information, request for protected leave, marital status, sex,
pregnancy, age (over 40), sexual orientation, gender, gender
identity or expression, political affiliation, or any other
characteristic protected by law. The Company will comply with all
federal and state regulations and statutes pertaining to
individuals with disabilities.
Keywords: Daikin Industries, Ltd., Corona , Director, Business Development, Executive , Corona, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!