Veterans Preferred - Lead - Pharmacy Tech
Posted on: November 16, 2021
Military Veterans are Encouraged to Apply. Are you looking to make
a difference in a patient's life? At AmerisourceBergen, you will
find an innovative and collaborative culture that is patient
focused and dedicated to making a difference. As an organization,
we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures.
Join us and Apply today!
What you will be doing
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Back-up and support the shift supervisor.
Trains and coaches Pharmacy Technicians on the operational
procedures of the Optifill fulfillment equipment and the Manual
Pick process. Also works with the Ancillary team in training for
the packing and shipping of prescriptions.
Monitors the performance of staff members to ensure compliance with
operating procedures (SOP's) for operational tasks of Optifill,
Manual Pick, Packing and Shipping areas.
Works with Management to implement and monitor SOP's to facilitate
a smooth prescription fulfillment and packing/shipping
Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with
Costco Pharmacists and associates within the Central Fill
Supports compliance with all appropriate policies, procedures,
safety rules and California Board of Pharmacy regulations.
Posts Pharmacy Technician and Ancillary performance measures,
including weekly fulfillment reports and canister maintenance
Performs related duties as assigned.
All Pharmacy duties of a Pharmacy technician required
- Operates Optifill 1 automated fulfillment equipment under the
direction of the Lead Pharmacy Technician.
- Responsible for the accurate fulfillment of prescriptions,
capping, and printing of pharmacy vial labels, including automated
and manual processes.
- Handles the fulfillment of canisters with specified drugs as
- Performs the daily maintenance of canisters and cleaning of
machines as defined by schedule.
- Restocks drugs and supplies for use by Optifill as well as for
each manual pick station.
- Performs canister repairs and handles overall troubleshooting
of Optifill machine at the direction of Engineer.
- Builds new canisters for drugs to be dispensed by Optifill
- Assists Inventory Coordinator with check in and put away of
daily wholesale drug order following product storage procedures and
What your background should look like
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
Requires some technical vocational training, or equivalent
combination of experience and education; must have completed State,
National, or NACDS technical training as required by State;
normally requires a minimum of two (2) years related experience;
must be certified with a state or national technical certification
organization; previous experience in Retail or Hospital pharmacy
preferred; previous supervisory experience preferred.
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Strong customer service orientation
- Strong organizational skills; detail oriented
- Effective communication skills - oral and written
- Good interpersonal skills; ability to be a team player and
develop and maintain cooperative working relationships
- Ability to use good judgment in order to carry out detailed
- Ability to handle a variety of tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work quickly and accurately under time and volume
- Good analytical, math, and computer skills
What AmerisourceBergen offers
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to
our associates includes benefit programs that are comprehensive,
diverse and designed to meet the various needs across our associate
Throughout our global footprint and various business units, we take
a balanced approach to the benefits we offer. Many benefits are
company-paid, while others are available through associate
contributions. Specific benefit offerings may vary by location,
position and/or business unit.
Equal Employment Opportunity
AmerisourceBergen is committed to providing equal employment
opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin,
age, disability, veteran status or membership in any other class
protected by federal, state or local law.
Keywords: AmerisourceBergen, Corona , Veterans Preferred - Lead - Pharmacy Tech, Healthcare , Corona, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!