Primary Therapist / Young Adult Program
Company: Newport Healthcare
Posted on: January 15, 2022
About Us:Newport Healthcare is a nationwide behavioral
healthcare organization dedicated to transforming young lives
through evidence-based care. To that end, we have assembled the
best teen and young adult mental health treatment staff in the
country, and we want you to join us. While our experts guide our
clients to sustainable healing, our job is to support our valued
staff members, and we do that through offering industry-competitive
salaries, career growth and skills expansion, student loan
repayment and tuition reimbursement, and a company commitment to
diversity, equity, and inclusion, among other advantages. Be part
of a team that's dedicated to providing compassionate care based in
authentic connection, mutual respect, and unconditional love-and
experience the rewards of making a difference in the lives of young
people and their families each and every day.Empowering Lives.
Restoring Families. -
Responsibilities:$10k Sign On Bonus
Newport Healthcare offers free training in areas such as DBT, EMDR,
ABFT and more!
- Carries case load of residents.
- Facilitates two therapy sessions per week (individual, couples
- Facilitates process-oriented and experiential group therapies
- Completes risk assessment and initial safety plan upon
- Completes biopsychosocial assessment within 72 hours of
- Completes treatment plan within 5 days of admissions.
- Facilitates weekly family support group via video
- Facilitates bi-weekly Saturday Family Program.
- Conducts crisis assessments and provides
intervention/management as needed.
- Coordinates self-administered assessments and/or
neuropsychological testing integrating results in treatment
- Timely completion of documentation (assessments, treatment
plans, progress and group notes, discharge summary) according to
- Coordinates treatment goals and services in collaboration with
the treatment team.
- Attends weekly treatment team meetings, staff meetings, and
- Participates in clinical on-call rotation schedule.
- Maintains clear boundaries with residents and staff. Holds
direct care staff to the rules and guidelines of Newport Institute.
Sets limits and assists to manage clients when staff is in need of
support or supervision.
- Attends meetings, trainings and conferences representing
Newport Institute as needed.
- Master's Degree in a clinical specialization from a state
approved graduate school.
- Licensed in Marriage Family Therapy, Counseling, or Social Work
in the state in which working.
- Experience in working with young adults and facilitating family
- Experience with mental health, substance abuse, or eating
- Training and supervision within the framework of the ABFT
family therapy model (provided)
- Doctorate degree
- Trained and/or certified in trauma-informed treatment
(CBT-Trauma Focused Therapy, Relational Trauma Repair, EMDR,
Cognitive Processing, Somatic Experiencing)
Newport Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Newport
Healthcare provides equal employment opportunities to all employees
and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and
harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion,
age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information,
or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local
laws.Newport Healthcare is committed to ensuring equal employment
opportunity, including providing reasonable accommodations to
individuals with a disability. Applicants with a physical or mental
disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of
the application or hiring process please email
email@example.com for assistance.
For more information on Equal Opportunity, please click here Equal
Employment Opportunity Posters
Keywords: Newport Healthcare, Corona , Primary Therapist / Young Adult Program, Healthcare , Temecula, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!