Registered Nurse-Corona, CA
Company: STG International Inc
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Family Practice/Primary Care opening in Corona, California. This
and other rn jobs brought to you by NursingJobCafe.com
STG International (STGi) is currently seeking a Registered Nurse
Care Manager to provide services at our Community Based Outpatient
Clinic. The primary purpose of this position is to serve as the
Registered Nurse Care Manager, who represents the interests of
Veteran patients in all areas of the clinic and coordinates care
with VA medical Center and stakeholders. The position requires an
understanding of the clinical and medical programs, processes and
procedures of the clinic and relationships of various services. The
position is directly linked to customer service and the Service
Excellence program initiatives. The general duty of the RN is to
provide professional clinical services under the direction of the
Community Based Outpatient Clinic (CBOC) and to manage patient
- Provide nursing care based on physician, mid-level provider and
CBOC Clinic Manager's orders, to meet the needs (physical, mental,
and emotional) of patients.
- Supervise support staff, if applicable, in delivery of care to
- Lead and participate in PACT team huddles.
- Work with the Primary Care Physician (PCP) to ensure the clinic
is adequately staffed for quality care delivery and the promotion
of continuity of care between the VAMC and the clinic.
- Maintain universal precautions and infection control
- Supervise medical assistants and/or licensed practical nurses
who obtain initial information from patients (i.e.: vital signs,
symptoms, and complaints) through interviewing patients and
- Prepare patients for examination and assist the PACT Provider
- Provide smooth and timely flow of patients in accordance with
the VA access standards and triage protocol.
- Demonstrate, understand and perform triage activities for all
walk-in patients and medical phone inquiries.
- Administer medications per facility protocols, as prescribed by
- Perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and assist during
respiratory and cardiac arrest procedures.
- Perform a range of nursing procedures, including dressing
changes, suture removal, oxygen administration, wound irrigations,
catheterizations, and venipunctures.
- Prepare patients for laboratory procedures by providing
information and instructions.
- Set up and operate therapeutic and emergency equipment,
including monitor, Electrocardiogram (FAG), oxygen, and portable
- Document all pertinent patient information in their medical
records and Veteran Health Information Systems and Technology
Architecture (VISTA) to demonstrate quality care delivery and
promote continuity of care.
- Keep the VISTA clinic reminder tracking system current for each
- Assist in scheduling patients for initial and follow-up
appointments in accordance to the VA access standards and the
patient's medical necessity.
- Keep patient informed regarding their plan of care, including
lab and diagnostic test results as needed.
- Provide health materials, resources and education to patients
and their families for informational purposes according to need and
- Assist the providers, as required, in ensuring all patient
information on electronic encounter documentation is complete and
- Participate in the ongoing Performance Improvement Program
between its Subcontractor(s) and the VAMC.
- Ensure that all required reports, clinical and administrative
documentation is completed in an accurate, timely and complete
- Participate in the management of day to day CBOC
- Comply with all federal, state, local, Joint Commission
Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Veteran
Affairs, Subcontractor safety and operational regulations,
directives and standards.
- Maintain confidentiality of all information and supporting
patients' privacy, rights, and safety.
- Perform the duties of the CBOC Clinic Manager when he/she is
absent (if applicable).
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Medical Surgical Unit,
Outpatient Facility, Primary Care and/ OR Adult Health.
- Retain current and unrestricted nursing license in the state in
which the RN practices.
- Retain current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)/ Basic Life
Support (BLS) from AHA or MTN.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply professional nursing
principles, procedures, and techniques.
- Ability to assess patient condition, recognize adverse signs
and symptoms, and react swiftly in emergency situations.
- Ability to set realistic, measurable education goals for
patients, taking into consideration patient/family needs, level of
understanding and available local resources.
- Ability to develop and provide individualized and group
counseling, guidance, and health instruction with the focus on
disease prevention and health maintenance.
- Ability to teach patients and/or families proper home health
care activities, such as giving injections, taking blood pressures,
changing wound dressings, etc.
- Knowledge of pharmacological agents used in patient treatment,
including desired effects, side effects, complications, and patient
- Knowledge of the basic concepts of customer service techniques
related to age-specific population.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills along with
proper telephone etiquette.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Software, Electronic Medical
Records and computer maneuverability.
- Knowledge of pharmacology.
- Must have exceptional diplomatic communication skills and
experience in handling difficult customer situations.
- Must be detailed oriented and have the ability to
Keywords: STG International Inc, Corona , Registered Nurse-Corona, CA, Healthcare , Corona, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!