Medical Service Technician
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Job DescriptionThe Medical Service Technician (MST) is an entry
level position whose primary responsibilities include: driving a
box truck, delivery-pick up of home medical equipment, education to
patients and/or caregivers. Work in a fast-paced team environment,
excellent customer service and communication skills. - Paid on-call
work hours are required. This position requires the ability to work
independently. Must adhere to Company, Federal, State and local
regulations and compliance. Equipment Operation
- Deliver, set-up, service and pick-up medical equipment and
related supplies to/from patient's residence and skilled
- Provide instruction and education material to the patient/or
caregiver(s) on the operation, cleaning, and maintenance of medical
- Obtain a return demonstration to ensure understanding.
- Transport, handle and route medical equipment according to
VITAS Healthcare policies and procedures to comply with infection
control, equipment maintenance, and safety.
- Represent VITAS Healthcare professionally at all times through
care delivered and services provided to all clients.
- Function within federal, state, local, VITAS Healthcare and
professional guidelines and regulations.
- Maintain the confidentiality of patients, families, colleagues
and other sensitive situations within VITAS Healthcare.
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance and non-scheduled
maintenance of equipment.
- Strong knowledge in all home medical equipment and ability to
train MST staff effectively in High Flow Therapy, Bi-PAP Therapy
and Enteral Pumps.
- Complete performance safety checks on equipment at the time of
- Perform structural/environmental, safety, and patient
assessments as related to equipment and participate with the IDT
- Computer literate for accurate tracking of equipment and daily
- Ability to provide initial general training to newly hired
- May clean and disinfect medical equipment as needed. -
- Clean/disinfect, test, and repair medical equipment and
maintain accurate records and documentation in accordance with
VITAS Healthcare policies and procedures.
- Receive, identify and label medical equipment.
- Maintain proper storage of equipment.
- Maintain equipment and supply inventory.
- Coordinate equipment, supply inventory levels, and communicate
with Home Medical Equipment (HME) staff.
- Maintain oxygen refill files.
- Perform warehouse cleaning and overall maintenance. Safety
- Practice safe and proper body mechanics relative to
transporting, lifting and set-up of medical equipment.
- Adhere to all safety and security policy and procedures.
- Wear Safety-toed shoes as provided by VITAS Healthcare. Vehicle
- Operate vehicles according to VITAS Healthcare policies and
procedures to assure compliance with OSHA, NFPA, FDA and DOT
- Operate vehicles in a safe, responsible and defensive
- Responsible for the cleaning and service notice of
- Load and unload equipment safely to assure no damage or injury.
- Present equipment education to a level of understanding by
- Report equipment/patient issues to immediate Supervisor.
- Maintain accurate records in accordance with VITAS Healthcare
policies and procedures, i.e., patient equipment
delivery/pick-up/service forms, vehicle reports, manifests, and
- May assists less experienced MSTs by providing guidance and
counseling on job duties and responsibilities. Professional
- Attend and participate in related Company meetings and/or
- Completion of all required training during first year of
employment as outlined in Career Pathway. -Other
- Perform on-call work as required.
- Maintain positive work relations with staff members
- Provide internal HME Staff with training on home medical
- Demonstrate courteous behavior and be responsive to
patients/families and other members of VITAS Healthcare and the
- Perform other job duties as requested.
- Maintain a neat and professional appearance.
- Adhere to all VITAS Healthcare policies and procedures.
- Experience with the operation and repair of durable medical
- Current driver's license in applicable state.
- Ability to lift 100 pounds when required.
- Highly Organized
- Strong Administrative Skills
- PC Competent
- Able to work with hand-held scanning device.
- Work unsupervised in field exercising discretion and
independent judgment. EDUCATION
- High school diploma or equivalent. SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO
- EOE/AA M/F/D/V About Us VITAS - Healthcare is the nation's
leading provider of end-of-life care, and has the resources and
expertise to support your personal and professional growth. -As a
member of the VITAS team, you'll find fulfillment working for a
people-focused organization dedicated to making a difference in the
lives of others. You will be more than just an employee: You will
be counted on as an expert in your field, and as a valued team
member whose efforts are respected and vital to our hospice
All VITAS employees commit to fulfilling their duties and
responsibilities with the highest regard for professionalism,
collaboration and teamwork, and an eye focused constantly on growth
and improvement. We serve with commitment and compassion, and
position ourselves for the future by embracing, innovating, and
leading change. If you are that person, make your voice heard-find
your purpose at VITAS today. Benefits Include: - Competitive
compensation -- Health, dental, vision, life and disability
insurance- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending
accounts- Life insurance- 401(k) plan with numerous investment
options and generous company match- Cancer and/or critical illness
benefit- Tuition Reimbursement- Paid Time Off- Employee Assistance
Program- Legal Insurance- Roadside Assistance- Affinity Program
Many of our positions offer the opportunity to work -day or night
shifts, weekdays or weekends. Choose a Career with VITAS
Keywords: VITAS, Corona , Medical Service Technician, Healthcare , Corona, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!