Company: Leaps & Bounds Pediatric Therapy Inc.
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Are you ready to have fun at work? Current opening for a full time,
pediatric outpatient Occupational Therapist-Pediatric! Experience
in the pediatric outpatient setting, and school-based settings is a
plus. This position will offer a mix of clinical and school-based
work in the Corona Norco area, and the unique opportunity to
utilize hippotherapy, as part of a comprehensive treatment plan.
Join our growing team, where our culture puts patients and their
whole family first. Full benefit packages with:
- education reimbursement
- 401K with a match
- PTO and paid holidays available
- Productivity Bonuses Check out our social media pages for a
glimpse on whose lives we get to change everyday, and how much fun
we get to have doing it! Our team rocks! An Occupational
Therapist-Pediatric delivers excellent family-centered patient
care, that aims to support functional goals and needs of the
patient and their family. Occupational Therapists perform
assessments and interpretation of evaluations and test results;
determining occupational therapy treatment plans in consultation
with physicians or by prescription, and carrying out a treatment
plan that supports functional improvement across the lifespan.
Occupational Therapist-Pediatric Job Duties:
- Provides quality care by assessing and interpreting evaluations
and test results; determining occupational therapy treatment plans
in consultation with physicians or by prescription.
- Helps patient accomplish goals outlined in treatment plan and
effective use of therapeutic devices by administering manual
exercises; instructing, encouraging, and assisting patients in
performing physical activities, such as functional skills, sensory
activities, and daily-living activities.
- Administers occupational therapy treatment; and directing
treatments given by aides, technicians, and assistants.
- Completes discharge planning by consulting with physicians,
nurses, social workers, and other health care workers; contributing
to patient care conferences.
- Assures continuation of therapeutic plan following discharge by
designing home exercise programs; instructing patients, families,
and caregivers in home exercise programs; recommending and/or
providing assistive equipment; recommending outpatient or home
health follow-up programs.
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and
department records, according to the law.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects clinic operations by
keeping information confidential, according to the law.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with
procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to
infection-control policies and protocols.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive
maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions;
troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending
educational workshops; reviewing professional publications;
establishing personal networks; participating in professional
- Develops occupational therapy staff by providing information;
developing and conducting in-service training programs.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal and professional
requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating
future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising
management on needed actions.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as
- Participates effectively as a member of the IEP team, but
providing these services as part of a comprehensive education plan
and in accordance with the written IEP. Requirements:
Occupational Therapist-Pediatric Skills and Qualifications: ·
Licensed in the state of CA. Experience in the pediatric setting.
Experience in the school-based setting. Physiological Knowledge,
Health Promotion and Maintenance, Creating a Safe, Effective
Environment, Motivating Others, Legal Compliance, Quality Focus,
Bedside Manner, Clinical Skills, Pain Management, Persistence,
Energy Level, time management skills, and Team Player
Keywords: Leaps & Bounds Pediatric Therapy Inc., Corona , Occupational Therapist-Pediatric, Healthcare , Corona, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!