Recruiter - Transportation/Logistics
Posted on: January 7, 2021
Our Penske Field Recruiter will manage the full life-cycle
recruiting process, including sourcing, selection, offer
negotiation, and initiating the onboarding process for our
Transportation - Dedicated Contract Carriage operations locations
in the Central, Mountain, and Pacific timezones. We are seeking a
highly responsive, customer-focused individual with strong time
management and organizational skills to manage approximately 25
(primarily salaried) positions at any given point as well as hourly
roles at our locations.
This position can be based out of our Corona, CA, or Stockton, CA
offices reporting to the Staffing Supervisor/Manager with a strong
dotted line relationship to the area vice-president and area human
resource manager(s). This position will recruit for positions such
as Operations Managers, Operations Supervisors, clerks, and other
non-driver roles supporting the transportation business.
A heavy emphasis on this role is placed on sourcing and recruiting
talent. Utilizing resume databases, research, and networking
skills, social media, the position will require the proactive
identification of active and passive talent through flawless
execution of our process and creative thinking for challenging
roles and markets. The position will also be responsible for
placing and editing job advertisements in various media outlets,
database management, internet resume mining, cold calling, local
school/organization recruiting diversity organizations, and
- Maintains effective working relationship with HR and Operational
partners to ensure appropriate staffing service levels are met
through the creation of area staffing plans
- Manages the necessary sourcing and advertising of openings
- Develops and maintains local relationships with colleges, alumni
groups, military sources, and diversity organizations to find and
- Conducts electronic screening and phone screening of candidates,
updating status in our tracking system.
- Maintains constant communication with hiring managers on active
candidates. Also regularly discusses future hiring needs and backup
- Coordinates background checks on applicants, and reference checks
- Coaches hiring managers with effective recruiting practices to
ensure policies and legal requirements are in compliance.
- Possess and maintains on-going knowledge of the latest recruiting
strategies utilizing a high level of creativity and latitude
- Ensures compliance with all federal/state laws and regulations
including ADA; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural
differences in all phases of the recruitment process.
- Supports Penske diversity initiatives and objectives.
- Develops a full understanding of, and utilizes, reporting
features of recruiting systems, including requisition reports,
candidate status reports, etc.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
Qualifications: - 2-3 years recruiting experience in a large,
decentralized, or centralized company environment required,
recruiting warehouse experience preferred
- Bachelor's degree required, or, at least 3 years of equivalent
work experience required
- Must have demonstrated internal customer service skills,
including troubleshooting and problem-solving experiences.
- Must have demonstrated strong organizational and documentation
- Able to communicate effectively both in-person and through
written correspondences and presentations with candidates, peers,
managers, and leadership.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, and keep up
with a high volume of activity
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated, strong organizational skills,
and ability to prioritize.
- Willingness to travel, about 20-40% to various locations by car,
plane, or train overnight, as required or directed by area
- Excellent knowledge of Internet candidate data mining; recruiting
- Strong knowledge of enterprise applicant tracking systems
required, prior experience with Taleo preferred
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule,
work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment
application, submit to a background investigation (to include past
employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative
of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally
and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information;
and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be
required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently
required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with
hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift
and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and
the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Logistics
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck
Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe
and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and
logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske
Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution
in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit
www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.
Keywords: Penske, Corona , Recruiter - Transportation/Logistics, Human Resources , Corona, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!