Company: Cumming Group
Posted on: November 17, 2021
Overview:At Cumming, you will work on some of the world's most
exciting projects in a dynamic environment where your success is
measured by the impact you make. We are one of the fastest-growing
project and cost management consultancies in the United States, as
reflected in our top 15 ranking in ENR. With over 35 offices
globally, an extremely diverse project portfolio, and double-digit
year-over-year revenue growth, the opportunities to make your mark
are limitless!We are currently looking for a Payroll Supervisor.
This position will be based in our Westport, CT or Murrieta, CA
office. The Payroll Supervisor is responsible for assisting the
Payroll Manager in preparing the payroll for over 900 employees on
a bi-weekly basis including tracking benefits, calculating
overtime/double-time, posting payroll and benefit journal entries,
creating AP vouchers for benefit vendors and reconciling the
general ledger accounts.Responsibilities:
- Download hours from the Deltek timekeeping system and calculate
overtime, double-time, holiday pay etc... for 80 hourly employees
(no time calculation required for 900 salaried employees).
- Manage the payroll email account and ensure that all
notifications of changes in pay, benefits, department etc... as
received from HR are correctly recorded in the payroll including
retro pay calculations and retro adjustments/catchup for missed
- Set-up new employees in ADP and add them to the payroll control
sheet. Calculate any pro-rated pay for pay period of hire.
- Update ADP and the Excel payroll control sheet for changes in
benefits, 401K contributions, rate changes, etc... for all
- Reconcile the bi-weekly payroll to the control sheet and
transmit the payroll file.
- Upload the 401K contribution file to the 401K
- Using Excel, Deltek and ADP, calculate manual checks for
terminating employees for final pay, PTO payout and group term life
- Track in Excel the voluntary and mandatory benefits that
require tracking including commuter benefits, cell phone
reimbursements, FSA health, FSA dependent care, life insurance,
HSA, payouts for birthdays, anniversaries, wellness, housing
allowances and relocation.
- On a monthly basis reconcile and process the AP vouchers for
the benefit invoices.
- On a monthly basis update the Life Insurance Excel spreadsheet
for new hires/terminations/ part-time rates and salary changes to
calculate the life insurance premium.
- On a monthly basis assist the Payroll Manager in preparing
journal entries to record payroll, benefit accruals, PTO accruals
and PTO taken etc--- Journals are prepared in Excel then uploaded
to the Deltek accounting system.
- On a monthly basis update the general ledger account
reconciliations and ensure the balances in the accounts are
correct. If they are not, the Payroll Supervisor will prepare
correcting journal entries.
- On an annual basis assist with the 401K audit and separately
the annual financial audit by preparing schedules, answering
auditor questions, and requesting back-up from HR and the 401K
- Extensive interface with HR and team members requesting,
receiving, and processing updates and changes and keeping all
parties informed on a timely basis.
- Fulfill all compliance responsibilities related to the
- 5+ years' of multi-state payroll experience including working
knowledge of Federal and State wage and hour laws.
- Recently used ADP Workforce Now to process payroll.
- Experience with Deltek or other fully integrated accounting
system creating transactional entries, uploading and downloading
data and creating and running reports.
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills.
- Attention to detail and highly accurate with data entry.
- Certified Payroll Professional a plus.
- Experience calculating and booking journal entries and
reconciling general ledger accounts.
- A self-starter who is energetic, a fast learner and able to
multi-task, prioritize and work efficiently and independently.
- Ability to demonstrate good common sense, sound judgment, and
- Ability to work varied hours, possibly weekends or evenings
prior to payroll processing or during month-end close.
- Ability to apply knowledge of commonly used concepts,
practices, and procedures in the relevant industry.
- Able to rely on instructions and pre-established guidelines to
perform the functions of the job.
- Have effective written and oral communications and team
- Perform work tasks by receiving direction and then working
independently with an interest in quickly learning and applying new
skills and abilities.
- Demonstrate consistent ability to be dependable, diligent, and
thorough.Have more questions? Chat with a Recruiter on our careers
website! It takes five minutes to apply to this job and we will
provide feedback within five business days.#LI-PJ1#IND123Cumming
provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and
applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and
harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion,
age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local
laws.This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and
Keywords: Cumming Group, Corona , Payroll Supervisor, Human Resources , Murrieta, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!