Apparel Product Developer
Company: Troy Lee Designs
Posted on: March 15, 2020
Position Overview:Troy Lee Designs, the world's leading
aspirational brand of bicycle and motocross helmets and apparel, is
looking for an Apparel Product Developer. This position is
responsible for managing all aspects of product development,
multi-stage execution, and achieving calendar milestones. The
Apparel Product Developer will maintain the development and quality
of assigned apparel products by serving as the liaison between the
Design Department, Product Line Management, Technical staff, and
Suppliers. Key skills required to be successful in this position
include: the ability to create, maintain, and disseminate technical
information, and the necessary documentation to meet deadlines and
achieve quality manufacturing. Duties & Responsibilities (Include
But Are Not Limited To):
- Manage comprehensive product development milestones to insure
on-time delivery of quality product that is ready to
- Monitor and maintain the development communication with vendors
each day, style by style.
- Partner with Design to fully understand complete design
intent/briefs and interpret design comments in order to translate
this understanding into comprehensive specs within technical
- Monitor fabric and trim development, tracking responsibilities,
and approval process (in conjunction with design) to achieve
product and calendar requirements.
- Manage print and color development from creation to final
approval. Track strike-offs, lab dips and all related approval
- Continually make sure that tech packages are complete and free
from errors. Deliver tech packages to vendors precisely within
development calendar time frame.
- Manage and monitor communication with vendor s regarding each
applicable product style throughout the development cycle.
- Manage tracking, comments, and calendar related to all product
phases (Protos, SMS, PPS, TOP).
- Address styling & fit comments during development (in
conjunction with Designers).
- Ensure all raw materials are compliant and meet necessary
- Point of contact for PLM teams specific to sample and buy ready
- Partner with Design and PLM in achieving target costing and
- Assist in costing negotiations with PLM to ensure targets are
met along with product objectives.
- Create and maintain development tracker and ensure all calendar
requirements are met.
- Responsible for ensuring each product is 100% approved and
production ready at specific deadlines.
- Assist with maintaining fabric and trim libraries.
- Be able to travel internationally for key development
milestones and building of vendor partnerships.
- College Degree in Apparel Design or related course of
- Minimum 5 years of product development related experience.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and timelines.
- Able to accurately generate technical documentation.
- Ability to use discretion and independent judgment to meet
objectives within set timelines.
- Depth in knowledge of product construction, manufacturing,
product specification and packaging.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of apparel product development procedures and
industry standards, manufacturing, sewing assembly, materials, and
- Ability to work with a variety of teams.
- Attention to detail, well organized, and calendar driven.
- Excellent time management skills are necessary with superb
- Understanding of fit, pattern making, and grading is also
- Previous work experience in action sports apparel market a
plus. What Troy Lee Designs Offers You:
- Full-time position
- Employee discounts
- Great work/life balance
- Vacation/Sick Time off
- 401(k) savings plan
- Career opportunities
- An amazing place to work!
--- Troy Lee Designs provides equal employment opportunities (EEO)
to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to
race, color, religion, sex (gender), age, national origin,
ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, military or
veteran status, medical condition, genetic information, sexual
orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, or
Keywords: Troy Lee Designs, Corona , Apparel Product Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Corona, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!