Company: Shoup Legal, a Professional Law Corporation
Posted on: June 23, 2022
If you can answer yes to the following questions, you just may
be the Litigation Attorney we're looking for.Are you tenacious? Are
you detailed oriented? Do you have a strong sense of ethics and a
passion for helping people? -Can you speak with clients like a
person, not a lawyer? -Are you looking for a fresh start at a
technology-forward firm that puts work-life balance at the
forefront of their thinking?Shoup Legal, APLC is an Estate
Planning, Trust Administration, Probate, and Business Law firm
located in beautiful Murrieta, California. -Our firm is focused on
leveraging technology and five-star customer service to provide
clients with an experience not seen in other firms. We believe in
empowering our Attorneys to go above and beyond to service clients
in their most desperate hours of need. -Our Attorneys receive
support from our amazing team comprised of Office Service
Assistants and Paralegals who are meticulously selected and trained
to be a part of our world-class support staff.But, of course,
there's more. -The associate we are looking for will be responsible
for important work, not just discreet assignments from someone else
that lack context. -We envision an environment in which the
- Work directly and regularly with the owner and staff to manage,
as well as work on, the firm's caseload;
- Execute and supervise the timely execution of case-specific
work like pleading and motion drafting, discovery, depositions,
mediation, and hearings;
- Making and carrying out the tactical and strategic decisions
about cases and their progress; and
- Making sure the client stays up to date on the case
developments.So, now that we've told you about the functions, how
about personality? -We want more than a soul-less automation, who
sits at a desk and mindlessly works hours. -We want people with
real personalities and empathy, who understand that clients are
people with problems, issues, and stress and have hired us to help
them. -So, our ideal associate:
- Conveys confidence in person and on the phone;
- Shows empathy to clients and puts them at ease during their
- Treats a call at 4:30 on Friday with the same care and
compassion as one on Monday morning;
- Demonstrates exceptional communication and writing skills;
- Demonstrates clear thinking under pressure; and
- Has excellent strategic and tactical thinking and is willing to
dig in to make the right calls in handling the case.Lastly, there
is some "boilerplate" that we think you need to know. -Our
associate should be able to:
- Conduct initial consultations with clients.
- Identify the appropriate strategy to meet the client's
expressed objectives and make recommendations for fulfill those
- Explain complex legal concepts and strategies in plain language
to the client.
- Regularly consult with clients, accountants, financial advisors
and other parties as needed to effectively move cases forward.
- Cultivate relationships with the firm's existing and future
clients by maintaining consistent and timely communication.
- Report on caseload at a weekly case review meeting.
- Develop a client following to increase the firm's
- Demonstrate proficiency in the suite of Microsoft Office
programs - Word and Outlook, mostly, but Excel and PowerPoint are
- J.D. from an accredited law school and licensed with the
California State Bar.
- Preferred 5+ years of litigation experience handling matters
from inception to conclusion, including meeting with clients,
developing a legal strategy, preparing the appropriate documents,
and presenting the case.
- Probate experience is a plus
- Effective, clear, concise and accurate communication, both oral
and written, at an appropriate level to the situation of the
- Working knowledge of court proceedings.
- Great ability to focus under pressure and the willingness to do
what needs to be done.
- Demonstrate a high degree of discretion, confidentiality and
integrity in the handling of personal client information, including
following the Rule of Professional Conduct.
- Strong computer skills with extensive experience using MS
Office Suite, timekeeping and case management software.
- Experience with Wealth Counsel drafting is desired.
- A transferrable book of business is a BIG plus.Compensation
- $90,000 - $175,000 yearly, dependent on experience and
- Recognized work-life balance
- Paid Holidays
- Personal Time Off
- Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance availableTo
Apply:Please email your resume, cover letter and salary request to
Keywords: Shoup Legal, a Professional Law Corporation, Corona , Litigation Attorney, Legal , Murrieta, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!