Company: Tri Pointe Homes
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Are you interested in joining a company culture where
accountability, top performance, and teamwork are valued and
rewarded? A company that is dedicated to insightful design and
superior craftsmanship, the company is setting a new standard in
homebuilding and customer experience.
Tri Pointe Homes Inland Empire is looking for an experienced,
enthusiastic individual to join our talented group as a Financial
Position Highlights: Prepare financial and operational
forecasting, reporting and analyses, managing land development
budgeting, contracting and cost accounting, and various
accounting-related and administrative responsibilities.
- Utilize knowledge of the division/brand to prepare a financial
analysis on key operating results.
- Prepare month-end variance analysis on financial results.
- Design, create and deliver timely and accurately standard
periodic reporting and ad-hoc reporting on various operational and
financial metrics, providing analysis and interpretation as
- Prepare monthly journal entries related to asset
reclassifications and project cost allocations.
- Monitor and investigate gross margin variances/trends of
backlog and closed homes.
- Develop and track key operational and financial performance
metrics against the company's strategic objectives.
- Monthly review of detail budgeted job and direct costs versus
actual performance. Suggest changes to project-level budgets based
on cost-to-complete assumptions.
- Assist the development of all aspects of the annual financial
plan by working with managers cross-functionally within
Sales/Marketing, Finance, Accounting, Operations, and Land teams,
- Assist in developing the quarterly re-forecast projected
- Analyze current and historical financial results, perform
variance analysis of key metrics, identify trends and recommend
- Assists Vice President of Finance and/or Division Management
team with special projects related to profitability, business
planning, and decision making.
- Reviews financial performance against the business plan and
original underwriting assumptions in order to identify improvement
opportunities and market trends.
- Support Vice President of Finance and Division Management Team
in weekly pricing review (monthly base price and incentives review,
spec pricing, new price releases, etc.) as well as maintenance of
- Assist in various efforts to improve the efficiency surrounding
the data collection and reporting by developing automated processes
- Monitor key performance indicators specific to individual
departments and provide high-impact analysis to department
- Create financial models and analysis to support strategic
initiatives, identifying trends, risks, and potential areas for
- Analyze trends in 'extra' construction spend on individual lots
during and after the close of escrow.
- Assist Land Acquisition team with underwriting activities and
proforma analysis on all potential land deals.
- Ad-hoc duties and special projects as assigned by
- Understand, monitor, and calculate project-specific
profitability reports for various reporting requirements to land
sellers and developers
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- A minimum of 3 years of successful experience in a Financial
Analyst position or other related fields. Recent MBA graduate.
- CPA is a plus, but not required
- Experience in financial reporting, data analysis, report
writing, and business intelligence.
- Demonstrated strategic and creative thinking ability.
- Advanced Excel skills and ability to create financial
- Knowledge of U.S. GAAP and SOX.
- Knowledge of the Real Estate industry/terminology.
- Knowledge of JD Edwards, SalesForce, Hyphen Solutions is a
- Demonstrate a high level of attention to detail.
- Demonstrate intellectual curiosity and highly analytical.
- Desire to utilize analytical skills in order to use the data to
tell a story.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Proven team player with the ability to guide and influence
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize multiple
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
At Tri Pointe Homes, we are intentional about fostering an
environment where you, and all individuals, are encouraged to be
their authentic selves. We embrace individuality and strive to be
consciously inclusive of different backgrounds, experiences, and
perspectives in every aspect of our business. We believe our
company's strength relies on the diversity of the team and the
unique, innovative ideas everyone contributes.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we make
employment decisions based on merit and qualifications and are
committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants and
employees without regard to their race, color, creed, religion,
national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran
status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected
by applicable federal, state or local laws.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known
physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a
disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship
on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such
assistance to apply for an open position or to participate in an
interview, please let us know.
This position is located at 1250 Corona Pointe C, Suite 600,
Corona, CA. View the Google Map in full screen.
Keywords: Tri Pointe Homes, Corona , Financial Analyst, Other , Corona, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!