AUTOMATION EQUIPMENT OPERATOR
Posted on: May 3, 2021
ANACO a Division of McWane – is a
leading manufacturer of plumbing joining systems and couplings
products located in Corona, CA. We are currently seeking a skilled
AUTOMATION EQUIPMENT OPERATOR with a STRONG Machining background.
i.e., mills and lathes.
The successful Automation Equipment
Operator will have prior industrial maintenance experience and
extensive knowledge around mechanical equipment including PLC
controlled automation, vision inspection systems, pneumatics,
robotics, etc. The candidate must be self-motivated and have
the ability to work well under pressure. This position has
significant latitude and works with sophisticated custom
automation. This position reports to the Plant
- The Automation Maintenance/Engineering Technician is
responsible for the more complex maintenance, modification,
installation, and overhaul of industrial, electrical and electronic
systems and related equipment containing PLCs, solid state devices
or is automatic in nature.
- Works to maintain and repair assembly equipment including
custom automated assembly equipment. Will also perform a variety of
specialized tasks which may include machine station design,
development of safety/security procedures, preventative maintenance
and other general maintenance activities.
- Performs troubleshooting and debugging of equipment and
assemblies resulting in an improvement in the robustness of the
equipment. May do set-ups and changeovers and assist production as
needed. Trains machine operators. Required skills include machining
capability and/or skills in using PLC ladder logic to diagnose and
- Performs daily and routine maintenance on all mechanical
- Keeps accurate and up to date records of all maintenance
performed on equipment.
- Assures equipment is in good running order at all
- Maintains, adjusts, makes minor and major repairs to equipment,
and operates equipment for testing.
- Helps maintain a preventative maintenance program to
identify potential failures before they occur.
- Must be proficient at installing galvanized, copper and black
- Minimizes maintenance costs on equipment while maximizing run
time and throughput.
- Completes appropriate documentation and paperwork for all
maintenance activities performed.
- Reports all excessive downtime to appropriate
- Helps out in other areas of the business as needed, such
- Safe work practices.
- Self Starter
- MUST BE MECHANICALLY INCLINED
- Other duties as assigned
- 5+ years in Robotics, Automation, Maintenance
- Requires a high school diploma/GED and completion of a craft
apprenticeship, or an equivalent number of years
- of education and production maintenance experience;
- An AA degree in mechanical, electrical, or industrial
maintenance a plus;
- PLC exp a MUST.
- Available to work off hours shift as needed.
- Technical edu/certifications with specialization in
electrical, pneumatics, ladder logic, motors,
- Ability to manage workload, follow through and see projects to
- Ability to work independently with minimal
- Initiative, dependability and detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be highly motivated and able to work
- Clear communication is a requirement.
- Hands on exp with Robotics, PLC,
- Must be able to work long periods while continuously twisting,
bending, reaching, standing, stooping, lifting up to 60
pounds, and push-pull up to 70 pounds. The environment is dusty and
- Must be able to work in plant environment with extreme seasonal
- Must be able to safely walk and work around machinery. Must be
able to work any shift and work overtime with short notice.
- Must be able to visually identify quality issues and concerns
with the product line.
- Must be able to use hand tools and some power tools.
Keywords: McWane, Corona , AUTOMATION EQUIPMENT OPERATOR, Other , Corona, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!