Company: CIRCOR International, Inc
Posted on: January 15, 2022
ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE BUSINESS: - A&D LOCATION: - Corona,
Ca DIRECT REPORTING: Purchasing Manager About CIRCOR Aerospace &
Defense - CIRCOR Aerospace & Defense is focused on the design,
development, and manufacture of specialty fluid and motion control
products for demanding aerospace and defense applications. CIRCOR
products are flying on most commercial and military aircraft,
including single and twin aisle air transport, business and
regional jets, military transports and fighters, and commercial and
military rotorcraft. Other markets include unmanned aircraft,
shipboard applications, and military ground vehicles. Business
units are in Corona, California; Warren, Massachusetts; Hauppauge,
New York; Paris, France; Uxbridge, UK; and Tangier, Morocco. Parent
company CIRCOR International is headquartered in Burlington,
Massachusetts and CIRCOR Aerospace & Defense is headquartered in
Corona, California. - - POSITION DETAILS Position Summary Ideal
candidate is responsible for managing assigned suppliers to deliver
product to meet customer demand at the lowest cost and lead-time
while managing inventory levels. - Actively identifies and
addresses issues in the supply chain to insure all requirements are
met as well as drive continuous improvement of key metrics
including delivery to customer requirements, cost, lead-time,
inventory turns and quality.This position is responsible for
negotiating and purchasing materials, equipment, and/or services
from suppliers. - Prepares and evaluates supplier quotations and
services to determine most competitive solution based on total cost
of ownership. - Familiar with a variety of purchasing concepts,
practices, and procedures. - Relies on experience and judgment to
plan and accomplish goals. - Leads complex sourcing projects and
supplier performance reviews, Performs a variety of complicated
procurement tasks. Principal Activities
- Responsible for buying all materials required to support
Production operations as assigned.
- Reviews specification requirements and negotiates contracts
with outside suppliers, ensuring high quality materials at the best
- Support Import Compliance adherence
- Tracks and reviews supplier service, quality, and On-Time
- Researches new suppliers as necessary. - Prepares and evaluates
request for quotes.
- Coordinates buying processes with Production and Materials
personnel to ensure smooth operations and appropriate levels of
- Updates related paperwork and maintains purchasing files.
- Assists area personnel as needed and keeps management informed
of area activities and of any significant problems.
- Places orders with suppliers and expedites where required,
including both direct and indirect materials and services.
- Responsible for identifying and achieving material cost
- Responsible for supplier selection, evaluation, and
- Evaluates supplier performance and provides feedback.
- Manages materials during new product introduction and product
end of life.
- Works closely with engineering, suppliers, and sales/marketing
to execute engineering changes.
- Periodically reports on key performance metrics.
- Corrects or approves for payment any inventory item invoices
requiring adjustments due to variation of the purchase order.
- Negotiates return material with suppliers to obtain proper
adjustments on rejected material. - Works with supplier to correct
the defect before the next requirement.
- Manages reschedule of delivery dates as required by MRP to
maintain a balanced supply/demand schedule on purchased materials.
- Expedites past due orders. - Quick resolution of critical
material shortages. CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS Knowledge, Skills &
- Min 3 years of Experience in materials and Supply Chain
- Ability to read/translate blueprints.
- Purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment
- Strong Negotiation skills.
- Working knowledge of MRP and ERP systems.
- Experience in Kanban & Consignment Inventory Management
- Understanding of overall materials flow and other functions
linked to the Supply Chain
- Extensive knowledge of inventory management concepts.
- Strong systems knowledge and proficiency. - JDE experience
- High ethical standards. - Models and supports organization's
goals and values; adapts to changing conditions; demonstrates
persistence and overcomes obstacles.
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to
prioritize, balance, and manage multiple efforts with strong
results/goal orientation. - Uses time effectively, prioritizes and
organizes work flow; can orchestrate multiple activities at once.
Agility and personal adaptability with the ability to successfully
manage multiple priorities with a high sense of urgency in a
rapidly changing environment.
- Solid analytical skills and solution-driven thinking; collects
and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement
data. Makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis,
wisdom, experience and judgment.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; develops
alternative solutions; works well in a group problem solving
situations; presents ideas and information in a manner that gets
others' attention; displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits
sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for
decisions includes appropriate people in decision-making
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal
skills with the ability to convey information and ideas in a
variety of media, tactful, confident, at all levels, internal and
- Demonstrated aptitude for process improvement and use of Lean
and Six-Sigma resources and tools.
- Knowledge of aerospace quality standards including AS9100, ISO
and NADCAP Education
- Bachelor's degree in Business Management, Supply Chain, or
equivalent work experience.
- Completion of APICS classes a plus.
- Green Belt, Black Belt or Lean certification a plus. CIRCOR is
an EEO Employer of females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with
Keywords: CIRCOR International, Inc, Corona , Buyer, Other , Corona, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!