Civil Associate II - Water
Company: Michael Baker International
Posted on: January 15, 2022
WATER/WASTEWATER PRACTICE Michael Baker International's
Water/Wastewater Group provides innovative consulting, planning and
engineering solutions for the entire spectrum of the water cycle.
We have proven experience in providing a full range of professional
services and technical analysis, concept through design, and
construction support services. Our water and wastewater engineers
plan, design, and oversee construction and operation of pumping
stations, wells, reservoirs, distribution systems, and sewers, as
well as all processes and structures involved in the treatment of
water and wastewater. DESCRIPTION You will be joining Michael Baker
International's Water group in Temecula, California. The Civil
Associate II will assist -Project Managers with tasks appropriate
for a junior engineer. You will be involved with a variety of
water, and wastewater related projects such as conveyance systems,
pump stations and pipeline work. Duties will include, but are not
- Preparing -design calculations, drawings, and specifications
for water and wastewater conveyance systems (e.g. pump stations,
pipelines, storage tanks).
- Conducting technical evaluations to support planning and design
as it relates to water and wastewater conveyance systems.
- Preparing -technical memoranda, studies, reports, and cost
estimates, and review those prepared by others.
- Assist technical marketing during the procurement of key
- Communicate effectively and coordinate with project teams
including other disciplines (cost estimators, GIS, designers, and
- You will work with Project Engineers and Managers who will
guide you in the development of deliverables.
- You will feel a sense of pride in knowing that you are an
important part of the organization and are contributing to success
of your clients, your organization and yourself! - PROFESSIONAL
- Possess a Bachelor's Degree in Civil/Environmental Engineering
or related engineering field required.
- 2-4 years professional experience in the study, design, and
construction administration of water and wastewater conveyance
infrastructure (pipelines, force mains, and pump stations).
- Possess an EIT Certification
- Professional Engineer Registration preferred
- Be self-starter, versatile and interested in working on a
variety of projects supporting the Water and Wastewater Group.
- Have excellent technical writing and communication skills.
- Demonstrate proficiency in organization and presentation of
- Proficient in AutoCAD and knowledge of Civil 3D.
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite including Word, Outlook,
Project, Excel and PowerPoint is required
- You'll need to show coursework in civil engineering design,
preferably with an emphasis in water quality and/or hydrology and
hydraulics Workplace Flexibility: Whether you want to work in the
office, at home, or in a hybrid model, we accommodate a variety of
preferences. We recognize our employees face many factors when it
comes to selecting the best work location, and we are passionate
about providing options and flexibility.
Keywords: Michael Baker International, Corona , Civil Associate II - Water, Other , Temecula, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!