Company: The Scotts Miracle-Gro Company
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Here at Scotts Miracle-Gro there is no such thing as a typical
day. Our culture is constantly energized by new and exciting growth
opportunities and at a rapid pace. Every Associate plays an
important role in providing innovative solutions for today's
gardeners and growers and contributing new ideas to improve
operations. In our company you need grit, it is what we were
founded on over 150 years ago and is what keeps us growing.
Regardless of your level in the organization there is a platform
for your voice to be heard and the ability to influence change.
Family, community and hard working values are weaved into all that
we do. Come grow with us, where we develop and nurture the next
generation of leaders.We are looking for an EH&S Specialist who
will join our Scotts MiracleGro team in Temecula, CA.What you'll do
in this role:
- Directly lead 1 to 3 hourly associates.
- Own and lead all regulatory inspections, and internal and
- Work with all local agencies such as fire department, city, and
county officials to ensure all compliance programs are aligned and
- Assume a leadership role in developing and promoting a positive
health and safety culture by maintaining a visible presence in all
- Support all safety incident investigations and follow up on all
- Review all corporate data entry.
- Establish and lead the implementation of site health and safety
programs for all levels of the facilities, including site safety
- Promote the facilities health and safety image in the community
through involvement with various community organizations.
- Manage federal and state regulatory aspects of health and
safety programs, including compliance with CALOSHA reporting
requirements, as well as other applicable regulations, company
requirements, and guidelines.
- Maintain applicable RCRA, SWPPP, SPCC, NPDES and air
- Ensure CALOSHA documentation compliance with guidance from
corporate EH&S department.
- Collaborate with employees and managers to identify and
mitigate health and safety concerns. Participate and collaborate
with sites Safety Committee Programs.
- Interface with Federal, State and Local government
- Coordinate health and safety training sessions and compile
training records in accordance with regulatory and corporate
- Work with Plant Management to establish and develop capital
projects designed to improve health and safety aspects of the
- Manage corporate health and safety reporting, Compliance
Calendar, and safety systems.
- Coordinate vendor inspections and services.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Ensure compliance of all Environmental Health Safety and
Security Programs are up to date.What you'll need to be successful:
- 5+ years of EHS experience in manufacturing, agriculture, or
related field; with increasing responsibilities.
- Proven experience in leading change and implementing new ideas
- Track record of driving results through fact-based analysis and
business process implementation.
- Demonstrated ability to build lasting relationships and to gain
cross-functional alignment for execution.
- Proven ability to drive results working through others at
various levels within the organization.
- Working knowledge of applicable health and safety regulations
- Knowledge of facilities and operational procedures.
- Fluent in both English and Spanish is preferredWhat we do for
you (just to name a few cool ones):
- Up to 34 paid days off each year
- 13 paid company holidays
- 12 paid vacation days (accrued monthly)
- 7 paid sick days (56 hours, accrued monthly)
- 2 community service days
- Three Medical plans to choose from with an option to
participate in a health screening to earn substantial wellness
- Basic PPO Plan
- Premium PPO Plan
- High Deductible Health Saving Account (HSA) Plan with a company
- New hire benefits coverage begins within a month of your start
date: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Vacation and Sick
- Benefits are available to you, your spouse/domestic partner and
- 401(k) company match up to 7.5% with immediate participation
- Ability to purchase company stock at a 15% discounted price
from market value
- Fitness and nutrition reimbursements
- Adoption, fertility and surrogacy assistance
- 10 weeks of Parental Leave (4 weeks paid and 6 weeks
- Tuition reimbursement for Professional Certifications,
Associate and Bachelor degree programs, and Graduate degree
- To view all of our great benefits, click here!
- Eligibility for the above benefits may vary based on
full-time/part-time status or additional factors.Not interested in
this role? Stay up to date on future opportunities by joining our
ScottsMiracle-Gro and Hawthorne Gardening talent networks.Scotts is
an EEO Employer, dedicated to a culturally diverse, drug free
Orientation/Gender IdentityNotification to Agencies:Please note
that the Scotts Miracle-Gro company does not accept unsolicited
resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a
signed Master Service Agreement, and specific approval to submit
resumes to an approved requisition, the Scotts Miracle-Gro company
will not consider or approve payment regarding recruiter fees or
Keywords: The Scotts Miracle-Gro Company, Corona , EHS&S Specialist, Other , Temecula, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!