System Performance Engineer SoCal
Company: Communication Technology Services Inc
Posted on: September 17, 2023
System Performance Engineer II - Southern California
Communication Technology Services (CTS) is one of the largest
integrators and managed service providers for enterprise cellular
networks in the U.S., specializing in the design, installation and
support of Distributed Antenna System (DAS), Small Cell, and 4G/5G
Private Wireless Networks for Enterprise. We are seeking an
experienced System Performance Engineer to support our Southern
California region. This position includes regional travel 90% IN
This is an exceptional opportunity to join the CTS Team! We are a
dedicated, hard-working team of like-minded individuals who are
changing the industry and on the front line of the future of
cellular services, the Internet of Things (IoT),
SDLAN/Fiber-to-the-edge and similar technologies. We offer our
customers custom, carrier-grade in-building and campus connectivity
solutions for enterprises and mobile network operators, solving and
managing the most complex networking challenges in the U.S. We are
seeking key contributors to fuel our continued growth and
expansion. If you think you may have what it takes, apply
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- Three (3) to Five (5) years of RF Engineering, In-Building DAS,
RAN or Small Cell experience with RF Math competency
- Advanced knowledge of industry test equipment, such as:
Spectrum Analyzer, Demodulator, Cable Analyzer, Power Meters,
- Ability to complete RF Link Budgets, Power Sharing and Noise
- Ability to interpret blueprints and iBwave design
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to think outside the box and meet customer deadlines,
perform as the go-to person for other CTS /customer issues
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and present a positive
professional attitude at all times.
- Ability to find and isolate troubles in distributed antenna
systems thru logical troubleshooting methods and signal
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills, Bluebeam, Microsoft Office suite
(Excel, Word, Power Point, MS Project, Visio)
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt
quickly to change
- Must be a self-motivated individual with ability to work
independently and in team environments with a positive
- Must be able to travel within region with valid driver's
As part of the Southern CA Operations Team; The System Performance
Engineer position will insure that installed systems are performing
and operating as designed and in accordance with all CTS' or
customer standards, practices, SLA's while fulfilling all
- Responsible for onsite technical implementation and
troubleshooting of In-Building distributed antenna systems (DAS)
and other managed networks.
- Perform pre and post RF benchmark data collection and data
- Interface with CTS operations teams to ensure networks are
accurately built with highest quality standards.
- Perform CW testing, spectrum analysis, segment and system sweep
testing as well as PIM and OTDR testing, as required.
- Perform DAS maintenance to include fault analysis, interference
mitigation, and link balancing
- Support CTS NOC and respond to Technical Trouble Tickets to
investigate and solve the performance issues with Inbuilding DAS
systems. Some after-hours may be required to meet SLA's.
- Support DAS troubleshooting during the maintenance window,
including collaboration and communication with Mobile Network
Operators and Neutral Host venues.
- Oversee AHJ inspections and 3rd party testing as
- Work collaboratively with CTS operation teams and clients to
meet or exceed contractual obligations and client
- Provide technical guidance to the Project Manager and other
members of the Construction Team to mitigate or prevent any issues
that may arise during the project.
- Ensure Regional Director/Operations Manager and customers are
aware of issues that will impact project completion or
- Use of small hand tools to perform minor installation
- Maintain comprehensive project documentation using CTS'
cloud-based file system
- Responsible for creating and generating technical updates,
reports and mops for the In-Building DAS systems. Conduct field
work and organize test/measurement files.
- Manage project deliverables for closeout package.
- Continuously improve practices based on lessons learned in the
design and implementation process.
- Capacity to learn new DAS hardware and software in a short time
working under pressure.
Keywords: Communication Technology Services Inc, Corona , System Performance Engineer SoCal, Other , Corona, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!