Lead Load Planner (Supply Chain/Logistics)
Posted on: November 23, 2020
Penske Logistics is looking for a Lead Load Planner to become part
of an excellent team. This is a great opportunity for an individual
who is self-motivated, has strong analytical and computer skills,
strong attention to detail and is enthusiastic to work in a
customer-centric environment. This position coordinates all
processes and functions of load planning and freight movement.
Typically Monday thru Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm
- Support supervisor on process management activities and customer
- Indirect team management responsibilities delegated by Supervisor
or Account manager
- Shift management responsibilities for a single customer or across
- Requires travelling to be on Penske or customer on-site
- Run metrics and measures to manage process controls
- Train the team on load planning activities and update SOP
- Plan and optimize shipments into loads using Penske's
Transportation Management System
-Tender freight requirements to 3rd Party Carriers
- Maintain Transportation Management systems
- Respond to internal and external customer inquiries
- Act as first/second level escalation for customer inquiries
- Works with Operations Managers to ensure customer expectations
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
- Stay current on the customer's industry
- Bachelor's degree strongly preferred (Bachelor's degree in Supply
Chain Management / Logistics in lieu of industry experience is
- Experience in Logistics Services including warehouse,
distribution, or supply chain management is preferred
- Transportation Management experience preferred
- Previous Load Planning experience preferred
- Candidate should possess problem solving skills and ability to
- Ability to work with team and support team needs
- Ability to prioritize customer and business needs and drive
- Excellent communication, organizational & PC skills (including
Microsoft Office products).
- Attention to detail & accuracy
- Ability to learn quickly and multi-task
- Sense of urgency & ability to understand customer
- Ability to work First, Second and Third Shift as needed.
Flexibility with scheduling required.
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule,
work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment
application, submit to a background investigation (to include past
employment, education, criminal history, and drug screening)
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative
of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally
and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information;
and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be
required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently
required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with
hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift
and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and
the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Logistics
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck
Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe
and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and
logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske
Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution
in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit
http://www.penskelogistics.com/ to learn more.
Keywords: Penske, Corona , Lead Load Planner (Supply Chain/Logistics), Professions , Corona, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!