Company: Dart Container of Michigan
Posted on: January 6, 2021
Responsible for operating a tractor with trailer
inter/intrastate to pick up and/or deliver merchandise. The
employee must drive in accordance with State, U.S. Department of
Transportation and Interstate Commerce Commission commercial
driving regulations. Drivers are responsible for unloading
delivered merchandise, and may assist vendors loading merchandise
into the trailer. - Day-to-Day Role: * Responsible for operating a
tractor trailer inter/intrastate to pick-up and/or deliver product.
- Employee drives diesel/gas tractor in accordance with commercial
driving regulations of the state, U.S DOT (Department od
Transportation) and ICC (Interstate Commerce Commision). - May
operate tractor overnight up to 500 miles within a 10 hour driving
period. - Driver must be skilled at maneuvering in difficult
situations, such as: narrow passageways and within urban areas.
Driver may hook/unhook trailer as necessary. - May be required to
rest in "sleeper" tractor or motel.
* Responsible of daily pre and post DOT Safety checks of inspecting
equipment and tractor/trailer before each operation. Driver will
conduct a visual inspection of tractor and trailer including such
items as tires, fluid levels and latches before each operation.
Driver will perform preventative maintenance checks and services of
truck and trailer. Driver will report any malfunctions to Fleet
Manager for correction.
* Responsible for calculating most efficient routes of travel.
Driver will consult bill of lading denoting destinations and road
maps to determine most direct and efficient routes of travel.
Driver may request assistance, if necessary, and will make route
alterations if appropriate. Will contact supervisor or
customer/vendor by telephone/CB if encountering destination
* Responsible for maintaining driver's log and other records, per
state and federal standards. Driver will complete driving log, per
regulations of States, Department of Transportation, and the
Interstate Commerce Commission as necessary. Driver will ensure
possession of all appropriate documentation, including registration
and vehicle reports.
* Responsible for unloading delivered merchandise at retail
locations. May assist vendors in loading of merchandise. Driver
unloads trailer of specified merchandise per customer
specifications at assigned destinations. Driver will move cartons
of merchandise by hand and will reposition merchandise not unloaded
to ensure against breakage. Driver may load or assist in loading
merchandise picked up at vendors; may utilize hand dolly, hand jack
or rollers when moving merchandise to/from a trailer.
* Responsible for fueling as needed and daily cleaning of interior
* Submit to random drug test as prescribed by DOT regulations. - -
- Core Skills and Qualifications: The ideal candidate must possess
all of the following: * Valid Class A CDL (Commercial Driver
* Three (3) months of fork or squeeze truck experience
* Two years tractor-trailer driving experience
* Physically qualified under U.S. Department of Transportation
* Ability to utilize maps, dock plates/leveler, hand carts,
hydraulic and manual pallet jacks and various hand tools.
* Must be able to frequently lift object up to 25 pounds;
occasionally will be required to lift and/or carry objects 26-60
pounds; rarely will lift objects weighing 61 -100 pounds. - The
heaviest object that is lifted and carried would be assorted
products weighing up to 75 pounds. May be required to carry items
up to 60 feet.
* Must be able to push/pull when moving cartons of merchandise,
loading/unloading merchandise, assisting merchandise over rollers,
or to open and shut trailer doors. Must be able to push/pull
objects weighing up to 200 pounds with a lift jack frequently.
* Frequently push and/or pull with arms totally extended overhead
to stack products. Overhead reaching is necessary when stacking or
unloading product(i.e. palletize, tape, or shrink wrap).Must be
able to Stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl or balance frequently.
* Must be able to frequently stand when inspecting equipment and
when loading or unloading trailer. Must be able to frequently stoop
when carrying out inspection of equipment and when handling cartons
at floor level within trailer.
* Must be able to frequently walk up to 60 feet during inspections
and loading/unloading trailer.
* Must be able to constantly use depth perception and ability to
judge distance and spatial relationships when operating vehicle or
* Must be able to frequently communicate with others when operating
vehicle, safely loading/unloading trailer, reporting equipment
status or discussing the most efficient routes of travel with
* Must be able to frequently handle a steering wheel and cartons of
merchandise. Must be able to occasionally utilize finger(s) when
carrying out equipment inspections and maintaining driver's
* Must be able to frequently remain seated for extended periods of
time when operating vehicle.
* Environmental conditions to include loud noises and exposure to
heat in excess of 90 degrees Fahrenheit or cold, below 32 degrees,
when loading and unloading trailers. - Required to drive in adverse
* Hazardous conditions to include exposure to moving vehicles,
congested areas, hazardous road conditions, falling and slipping
hazards and shifting of merchandise while loading/unloading
* Will be exposed to dirt and dust when working with product in the
trailer or warehouse.
* Position involves frequent/continuous performance of work
activities by oneself and away from others when performing all
* Position involves frequent adaptability to making evaluations or
decisions based on logic, critical or judgmental criteria when
performing all essential job functions.
* Position involves occasional adaptability to performing under
stress, and position requires sustained attention while operating
vehicle. Must be able to utilize visual acuity constantly. -
Preferred Skills and Qualifications: * Urban driving experience
(all major cities) INDCOR - Overview: As the manufacturer of Dart -
and Solo - brand products, Dart Container is an industry leading
single-use food and beverage packaging company. With 15,000
employees and 40+ locations worldwide, Dart offers more than 4,000
products used every day in restaurants, hospitals, schools and
homes around the globe. Benefits: Dart Container full-time
employees enjoy great benefits, including medical, dental, vision,
life insurance, 401(k) with company matching contributions, paid
vacation, paid holidays, short-term disability, tuition assistance,
product discounts and more. - If you experience difficulty
-applying -online, you may call (833) 472-3278 or email us at for
assistance. - Dart Container is an equal opportunity employer and
will consider all candidates for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation,
gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or
any other characteristic protected by law. - - If you have a
disability and need an accommodation to access this website or for
the application process, you should call Dart at -(833) 472-3278 or
email us at -. -Relay calls can be made by dialing 711 or the relay
number for your state. INDCOR
Keywords: Dart Container of Michigan, Corona , Truck Driver, Professions , Corona, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!