Service Desk Technician
Posted on: November 16, 2021
The Service Desk Technician is part of a team responsible for
serving as the first point of contact for customers inquiring about
technical service requests either over the phone or through email
in a professional and timely manner. This relates to all technology
to include workstations, servers, printers, networks, and
vendor-specific hardware and software.Key Elements of the RoleBeing
on the front line of our Service Desk team, this role requires the
necessary technical skills to understand and fix the day to day
computer and network issues, coupled with the ability to exhibit a
friendly customer-focused attitude both in person and on the phone.
Additionally, you will:
- Provide IT support relating to technical issues involving
Microsoft's core business applications and operating systems.
- Support and facilitate disaster recovery solutions.
- Deliver technical support as the network level: WAN and LAN
connectivity, routers, firewalls and security.
- Provide remote access solution implementation and support: VPN
Terminal Services, and Citrix.
- Review and report on the remote monitoring and management
system alerts and notifications and respond accordingly through
- Maintain system documentation and review in ConnectWise
- Communicate with customers keeping them informed of incident
progress, notifying them of impending changes, and agreed
- Build effective rapport with customers by understanding their
IT needs and providing effective resolutions to challenges and
- Identify and resolve root cause customer issues.
- Continually strive to improve customer service, perception and
overall customer satisfaction.
- Promote fast and efficient solutions to customer requests.
- Escalate service requests that require engineer-level support
in a timely manner.
- Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques
and by asking pertinent questions.
- Clearly walk the customer through the problem-solving
- Enter all work as service tickets into ConnectWise system
timely and proficiently.
- Additional duties and projects as assigned.Experience and
- BA/ BS, preferably in computer science or related field or
- One year of experience providing IT support in a Microsoft
- Developed understanding of operating systems, business
applications, printing systems, and network systems.
- Excellent organizational skills; enthusiasm for
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally
and in writing. The ability to demonstrate active listening and
- Technical awareness; the ability to match resources to
technical issues appropriately.
- A solid understanding of the organization's key services and
proactively seeking ways to meet customer needs to provide positive
- Problem Solving Identifies and analyzes problems, sorts through
information to identify accuracy, evaluates solutions and
alternatives, resulting in making effective recommendations.
- Customer Satisfaction - Provides and delivers professional,
helpful, high-quality service and assistance to ensure customer's
needs are met and exceeded.
- Results Driven Creates and drives a culture that is
solutions-focused, builds cooperation, encourages teamwork, and
resolves conflict effectively.
- Building Coalitions Builds partnerships, collaborating and
leveraging team talent to meet and exceed team and company goals.
Works with other departments, contractors, and staff to ensure
excellent customer service.Goals for this Role
- To provide the best customer experience by resolving issues
timely and professionally.
- To ensure accurate tracking of customer requests.
- Effectively communicate escalate customer issues to team and
leader.Essential Physical and Mental Requirements
- Physical: Must be able to sit for a number of hours, climb
stairs, walk to other workstations and equipment, and do repetitive
motions when using equipment such as a telephone, calculator, or
computer. Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
- Sensory: Must be able to hear, read, write and speak clearly to
effectively communicate in person and via telephone.
- Mental: Must be able to perform complex or varied tasks;
effectively influence or redirect staff on a consistent basis;
ability to understand directions; make generalizations,
evaluations, or decisions without immediate supervision; accept and
carry out responsibilities.
Keywords: Helixstorm, Corona , Service Desk Technician, Professions , Temecula, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!