West Account Sales Executive - Brokerage (Freight Brokerage/Supply Chain)
Posted on: November 19, 2022
As an Account Executive you will have responsibility to
successfully initiate and develop business opportunities with new
and existing customers. The Account Executive will develop and
manage their individual customer portfolio and work in a team
environment. Business is generated thru inside and outside
transactional sales by way of prospecting, referrals, and business
to business selling.
- Proactively identify, pursue, and maintain a constant pipeline of
potential Brokerage customers to meet or exceed established
- Gain and maintain access to decision-makers via a disciplined and
structured prospecting regimen, including cold calling, networking,
attending tradeshows, and social media.
- Explain products or services and prices, and answer questions
- Design Solutions, that meet specific customer needs.
- Adjust sales scripts to better target the needs and interests of
- Take the lead in negotiating and closing deals by uncovering and
addressing objections / concerns from the customer.
- Achieve defined transactional sales goals and development
standards required to attain the next level of career
- Monitor market conditions, product innovations, and competitors'
products, prices, and sales.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
- Develop comprehensive understanding of the customer's business
model and their unique challenges.
- Manage accounts to retain existing relationships and grow share
of Brokerage business.
- Establish relationships with customers with freight spend less
than 25 million.
- Work with the Brokerage team to resolve problems and to provide
ongoing support to customers.
- Answer customers' questions about products, prices, availability,
product uses, and credit terms.
Internal Business Partnerships
- Leverage operational support while working within a team to
continually improve the efficiency of overall book of business.
- Develop strategic partnerships with Penske Truck Leasing and
inside the Penske Logistics organization to identify crosssell
opportunities within specified market areas.
- Collaborate with the Brokerage team on pricing decisions,
supplier selection and timing
- Accurately track growth opportunities through a Customer
Relationship Management (CRM) tool.
- Obtain customer information such as name, address, and payment
method, and enter orders into Mercury Gate.
- Continually analyze Brokerage accounts to determine efficiency
- Take the lead in communicating direction and progress / status of
Brokerage de als to senior leadership.
- At least 2 years sales experience required with proven track
record in generating profitable revenue growth and retaining
- Bachelor's Degree preferred. Experience may be substituted in
lieu of education.
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
and PowerPoint required
- Strong written/ verbal communication skills required
- Valid driver's license
- Excellent customer service and phone skills
- Ability to learn new concepts, products, and services
- Strong organization and multi-tasking skills
- Persistent, persuasive and able to overcome objections with the
ability to be a good listener
- Demonstrated sales aptitude with relentlessly high standards
- Attention to detail and confident decision making skills
- Must have strong problem solving skills and the ability to think
and respond quickly to sales & service issues
- Must have strong presentation skills and the ability to handle
- Ability to connect and build rapport / relationships with
internal and external customers at all levels.
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule,
work at the specific location required, complete Penske
employment application, submit to a background investigation (to
include past employment, education, and criminal
history) and drug screening are required.
- The physical and mental demands described here are representative
of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally
and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information;
and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be
required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently
required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with
hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift
and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and
the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including individuals with
disabilities and protected veterans.
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck
Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe
and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and
logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske
Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution
in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit
www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.
Keywords: Penske, Corona , West Account Sales Executive - Brokerage (Freight Brokerage/Supply Chain), Professions , Corona, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!